AMAZING Chickpea Fries & Vegan Tzatziki 💥
- katma 26 Kas 2021
- Today we show you how to make these incredible chickpea fries and some vegan tzatziki to go with it. This combo is on another level! Both are pretty simple to make and extremely tasty. It would make a great appetizer if you are having people over that would please any palate! We both actually couldn't believe how delicious this combo is.
Have you ever had chickpea fries?
Chickpea Fries recipe
2 cups water
1 cup chickpea flour
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Pour 1 cup of water into a medium sauce pan along with olive oil and salt and bring to a boil.
2. In a separate bowl, add remaining water, chickpea flour, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Whisk together until mostly smooth.
3. Add the chickpea flour mix to the boiling water and turn down to a simmer (medium heat), stirring constantly until it gets very thick. It will take at least 5-6 minutes.
4. Spread the mixture to your desired thickness on a non-stick baking tray or silicone sheet and allow to cool.
5. Once it’s cool, cut into fries and roast at 400 f for 20 minutes, flipping and baking for another 5-10 minutes until the edges turn golden brown and the fries are crispy.
6. Serve hot with your favourite dip!
1/2 cup unflavoured/unsweetened vegan yogurt
1/2 a lemon, juice
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup of soaked cashews (1/4 cup before soaking)
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1/4 of a cucumber, grated
1-2 pinches of salt
Directions: 1. Blend the yogurt, lemon juice, and cashews together in a blender until smooth
2. Pour into a bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients until well mixed.
3. Serve immediately or chill it in the fridge (this helps it thicken up).
1:20 How to make chickpea fries
2:54 Cutting up the fries & into the oven
6:15 How to make vegan tzatziki
11:47 Tasting everything
Thanks for watching!
MY VEGAN RECIPE EBOOK🍍
FREE EASY VEGAN MEAL PLANNER📝
SIMNETT NUTRITION MERCH👕
VIVO LIFE PROTEIN POWDER (DEREK10 for 10% off - new customers!)
USE MY VIVO AFFILIATE LINKS BELOW TO SUPPORT ME
UK/EU STORE: bit.ly/2S7uROo
USA STORE: bit.ly/2Tm3RIp
• INSTAGRAM (DEREK): simnettnutrition
• INSTAGRAM (CRYSTAL): crystalkennings
• CRYSTAL'S CHANNEL: tr-cam.com/users/crystalkenn...
• FACEBOOK: simnettnutri...
WANT TO SEND ME SOMETHING TO TRY?
PO Box 413 Parksville
Parksville, BC, Canada V9P2G5
HERE ARE THINGS I USE & LOVE (CAMERA, FITNESS & KITCHEN GEAR, SUPPLEMENTS):
WHO AM I?
I'm Derek Simnett, a Certified Nutritional Practitioner.
I love calisthenics and making good food!
Check out my 2 year transformation: tr-cam.com/video/MUYqG3zEldc/video.html